System requirements for PrestaShop 1.7
PrestaShop needs the following server configuration in order to run:
- System: Unix, Linux or Windows.
- Web server: Apache Web Server 2.2 or any later version.
PHP 5.4 minimum, PHP 7.0 recommended
PHP 5.6 minimum, PHP 7.1 recommended
PHP 5.6 minimum, PHP 7.2 recommended
- MySQL: 5.0 minimum, 5.6 or later recommended.
- Server RAM: The more the better. We recommend setting the memory allocation per script (
memory_limit) to a minimum of
PrestaShop can also work with Microsoft’s IIS Web server 6.0 or later, and nginx 1.0 or later.
PrestaShop needs a few additions to PHP and MySQL in order to fully work. Make sure that your PHP configuration has the following settings and tools:
- CURL. The Client URL extension is used to download remote resources like modules and localization packages.
- DOM. The DOM extension is needed to parse XML documents. PrestaShop uses it for various functionalities, like the Store Locator. It is also used by some modules, as well as the pear_xml_parse library.
- Fileinfo. The File information extension is used to find out the file type of uploaded files.
- GD. The GD extension is used to create thumbnails for the images that you upload.
- Intl. The Internationalization extension is used to display localized data, such as amounts in different currencies.
- Zip. The Zip extension is used to expand compressed files such as modules and localization packages.
allow_url_fopen enabled. This directive enables PrestaShop to access remote files, which is an essential part of the payment process, among others things. It is therefore imperative to have it set to
Here is a section of the
php.ini file (the configuration file for PHP):
extension = php_mysql.dll
extension = php_gd2.dll
allow_url_fopen = On
allow_url_include = Off